When it comes to optimising conversion rates, adding social proof is one of the best things you can do.
There are different types of social proof, such as many users or well-known users.
It all comes down to one thing: people seek validation. And we can get that in many ways:
- other people talking well about something
- someone we look upto using it
- many people using it
- recommended by an expert
Here’s an extensive list of different ways to show some sort of social proof:
- a written testimonial (use bold text or highlights for important parts)
- Video testimonials
- Awards & certifications
- Client logos
- User Generated Content
- Relevant news/media placement
- The number of users, clients or projects
- Years of experience
- Influential users
- Results (e.g. sales figures)
- Security/trust badges
- Payment logos
To give you an idea, here’s a company that does a great job.
Above the fold, we’ve got (1) the number of users, (2) ratings and (3) well-known clients. Worthy of a place in my swipe file.