All buttons are made to make people click.
Yet some buttons get the job done a lot better than others.
It’s because they stand out more or because the copy is more convincing/clear.
Here’s a gallery of some CTA buttons:
You’ll notice some stand out more than others.
Here’s how to make your buttons better so they stand out more:
- Good contrast between button and background
- Good contrast between button and button text
- Unique shapes
- Arrows or other icons
- Primary buttons that are more noticeable
What none of these have but could help:
- Shadow to make them appear raised (See Skeuomorphism)
What you don’t perceive here but also matters:
- Put buttons in a clear or expected position. (For example, contact/CTA in the top-right corner)
Finally, write clear (and convincing) copy.
To make people click, make sure they know what’s going to happen next.